Almost everyone in the world has or will experience stress at some point in their life. Stress is a deadly disease that we all acquire early in our lives. How you are able to deal with the stressors in your life and how you are able to overcome it, will determine your overall health, happiness, and success for the future. It is extremely important to learn how to cope with the stress in your life and develop a strong mindset that will help you overcome those difficult times.
The causes of stress vary per person. Everyone one of us experiences a different life from one another, but we may all develop the same amount of stress regardless of our situations. Here are some of the highest stress causing factors in our world:
- Work – Are you working a 9-5 job that you absolutely dread going to everyday? Do you feel fatigued, stress, and anxious while at work? If this is your case, you are experiencing work-related stress.
- Finances – Worrying about how much money is in your account? Are you worried you won’t be able to afford your upcoming bills? Have you racked up a large amount of overwhelming debt that your entire paycheck goes towards paying off? You are experiencing financial-related stress
- Trauma – Some of you may have unfortunately experienced traumatic events in your life. Childhood experiences, traumatic events, loved-one’s deaths, etc can cause a great impact of stress in your life.
- Health – Your health can cause a great amount of stress in your life. If you were born with an illness, have developed an illness, or are worried about developing an illness, you are experiencing a health-related stress.
- Responsibilities – Responsibility can cause an overwhelming feeling a stress in your life. Whether the responsibilities is due to work, family, your children, relationships, bills, etc. – too much responsibility can cause you to develop a responsibility-related stress
These are just some of the greatest factors of stress that you may be experiencing in your life. It is extremely important to develop a strong mindset and work on overcoming the stress in your life to ensure you live a healthy and successful life.
Below are some healthy habits that The Branded recommends for coping and curing overwhelming stress:
While seeming almost obvious, this is an important factor in relieving stress that most people fail at doing successfully. While this should be practiced every day and all day. It is important to remember this technique when you start beginning to feel any type of stress in your day. Breathe in deeply through your diaphragm. Hold in your breath for a few seconds and focus on your thoughts. Tell yourself you are stressed, but everything is ok. Repeat this exercise for a few minutes every time you begin to experience stress. This is a great technique that can help you relieve stress.
If you are inside working and you begin to build stress. Take a short break, and go outside to take a short stroll to breathe in some fresh air and soak in the natural vitamins from the sun. This will instantly give you some stress-relief. If it’s raining outside, open the window and practice your breathing technique near the fresh outdoor air.
Read Self-Development Books, Watch Self-Development Videos, or Listen to Self-Development Podcasts
Self-Development content producers are useful tools to help us develop a stronger mindset to build a more happy and successful life. Research some of these content creators through social media, YouTube, or through Amazon’s book store and find useful information that will help you develop yourself into a successful and happier person to minimize stress in your life.
Below are some content creators I recommend (with link):
Listen to Your Favorite Music
Music is an incredible tool that we have developed in life to help our minds escape the world. When you begin to feel stress, put on your favorite tunes and play it loud. It doesn’t matter what music you like – Rock, Country, Hip-hop, Metal, Classic, or whatever (I don’t believe in ‘peaceful’ tunes being the only stress relief genre)! Let your mind escape to the sound of the music. Close your eyes and sing along. You will instantly begin to reduce your stress.
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley
Take Care of Your Body
Taking care of your body is essential to developing a healthy mindset and reducing stress. If you are not already doing so, develop a healthy eating habit. Eliminate the sugary foods and drinks, fattening sweets and processed foods from your life as these are extreme factors in the stress levels you have developed. Begin to eat healthy foods such as vegetables, grains, healthy proteins, and water and you will begin to feel healthier immediately. Minimize (or better yet, eliminate) your caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol intake and begin to instantly feel healthier, more energized, alert and stress-free in your life. Along with the healthy eating habits, you should develop an exercise routine to help burn any bad fats and energy stored in your body that can be causing some of the stresses in your life. Feeding your body healthy foods and habits will also feed your mind to feel more alert, happy, successful and stress-free. This is key!
Stress is a difficult disease to overcome. While most of us will never be able to truly eliminate stress in your life, you are more than capable of reducing the stress in your life that is causing you to be unhealthy. Being stress-free starts with YOU. Take action today, take the action right in this moment and utilize the tips above and information you learn to reduce your stress. You will get through it and you will succeed.
Brandon Aristizabal – The Branded Founder